Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Friend In Food.


After a rough, somewhat skeptical introduction I feel ready and willing to forge forward with the concept of this blog. After a great deal of time pondering the numerous aspects of food and health, I've chosen to emphasize the importance of realizing the spiritual relationship we posses with food as a way to draw closer to the inner spirit, the energy of the food, and the Great Provider from which this wondrous bounty is blessed to us.

For starters, let us begin with a note on prayer. Through this timeless ritual, countless individuals have chosen before dining, to express their gratitude and appreciation for the meal before them. In this humble moment of reflection, a realization is made

We are blessed to have such nourishment before us.

Remarkably in this admission we open our spirit to the many blessings of food. Begin by allowing your senses to explore the enticing smells, incredible colors, and rich textures before you, as you take in this gift. Then as you close your eyes, rejoice in the experience you've just had, while remembering its only about to get better.


In health and wellness,
Jeff

4 comments:

  1. I think that it is important to take a moment and feel thankful for the food that we get to eat. I always forget to do this, thanks for the reminder Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome! Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also liked post. You gave me pause to stop and reflect about how we are indeed blessed to have food on our tables. Thanks, Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right! It's something I always did with my family as a kid but have let it slip away as I got older.

    ReplyDelete