Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pho you?!


Having moved around every 3-4 years, it is rare I have the opportunity to bring together various people from different parts of my life. This past weekend, my sole surviving relationship from high school happened to be in Seattle. Typically when he's in town our time together consist of reminiscing about fading memories, mixed with a time honored tradition we've carried from Germany, drinking. Instead of our usual rendezvous, I decided to introduce my old friend to some of my newly acquired buddies. My only reservation about doing such a thing was exposing a history of excessive behavior to my professional colleagues. In hopes of avoiding any such awkwardness, I thought it best to include a bit of social lubrication (Vietnamese beer) with some good homemade Pho. Conclusion, two distant lifestyles becoming acquainted in a way, you realize after all the disastrous decisions you've made throughout life, to end up here and now, makes it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment